Latest Posts (a real-time view of activity)
 
OK, this is clever. I'm going to invite six friends around and experiment with $20. Between us we'll solve it.
4d ago

D

Noooo. The prostitute conducted business in the room. She may well have taken a thousand bucks or more in the week she ran up her $100 tab.  
5d ago
The prostitute provided a hundred dollars worth of sex and ended up with nothing. She was the loser.
5d ago

D

Noooo. Everyone gets paid: Guest to Manager - $100 Manager to electrician - $100 Electrician to grocer - $100 Grocer to Prostitute - $100 Prostitute to Manager - $100 Manager to guest - $100 Keep thinking!  
6d ago
Well no. The hotel manager was broke so he couldn't refund the $100 deposit. The original guy lost his deposit. :)
7d ago

D

It reminds me of a story I heard some time ago: A guy asks the hotel manager if he can try the room for an hour before booking it for a month. The manager agrees and charges him a $100 key deposit. While the guy is upstairs,the manager rushes off and pays the electrician $100  he was owed. The electrician then pays $100 off his account with the grocer. The grocer pays a prostitute $100 for sex he had last week. The prostitute rushes to the hotel and pays th
7d ago
A ponzi scheme, as I understand it, describes pyramid or multi level marketing schemes where the main income is derived not from the item offered for sale but from an endless supply of new recruits who all pay into the scheme in the hope of one day reaping a financial reward.  The Australian government is importing 200,000 immigrants a year to pay for the pensions of Australians who are approaching retirement age. We're told - 1. Most of these people are skilled, which raises a number of
10d ago
Morgan Freeman is interviewed by a pretty young woman - he's waiting for her to arrive, she sits down crosses her legs in her "barely there" dress and he responds 
19d ago
Actually it was SBS not ABC. No mention was made about their financial dependency although it must have occurred to some viewers, how are they paying for everything seeing as there is no industry and no farming and no exports? It was an interesting documentary but my original description was inaccurate. It's 80% Muslim. The remaining 20% are descendants from the original Scottish settlers and landlords. Everyone seems to get on well and I'm all the more convinced it would make a great home for at least s
20d ago
THE OBVIOUS SOLUTION TO AUSTRALIA'S MANUS ISLAND DETENTION CENTRE PROBLEM   On the ABC tonight is a documentary about 'Australia's Secret Islands'. I hope they mention the Cocos Keeling Islands, midway between Australia and Sri Lanka. Two islands whose population is almost entirely Muslim. There is very little employment on the islands so the population is funded by the Australian tax payer. They even have there own Centrelink office on one of the islands.     This
21d ago